At this time, ALL initial appointments, therapy appointments, and feedback appointments will be conducted via an online HIPAA-compliant platform.
Testing appointments must be done in the office. The following is a list of procedures I have put into place in order to keep you, me, and our families safe.
- All test materials and testing offices will be cleaned and sanitized in between patients.
- The restroom and common areas will be cleaned and sanitized at the end of each day.
- I am only scheduling one face-to-face testing appointment per day to allow ample time for cleaning and sanitizing.
- Only the testing patient (and one parent if the patient is a minor) will be permitted in the office. If the parent is not needed during the testing appointment, she/he will be asked to wait in the car.
- All patients are asked to text me upon arrival and wait in the car until I let you in.
- You and your child will only have contact with me.
- I will wear a face mask, and I ask that you do the same even if you have been fully vaccinated.
- I will maintain safe distancing as much as possible during testing.
- Restroom soap dispensers are maintained, and everyone is encouraged to wash their hands.
- Hand sanitizers that contain at least 60% alcohol are available in the testing rooms and foyer.
- Credit card pads, pens, and other areas that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each use.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
Please do not come to the office if you are ill, and please do not bring any non-essential family members to your appointment. You and your child will be screened, including a temperature check, upon arriving.
Please provide at least 24 hours notice of cancellation whenever possible. If you wish to postpone your face-to-face testing appointment, you will be permitted to do so without penalty.