Please note: The services listed below are not comprehensive. If you do not see the assessment or treatment service you desire, please contact Dr. Kasler directly by using the “Contact” link.
Psychological assessments are typically conducted in order to assist in diagnosis and treatment planning. Assessment may include a clinical interview; behavioral observation; caregiver and teacher report; and measures of cognitive ability (IQ), academic achievement, emotional and behavioral functioning, adaptive skills, and attention/concentration. Testing typically takes two to five hours, and a written report of the results along with face-to-face feedback is offered within 10 to 15 business days.
Dr. Kasler offers assessments for children as young as two and adolescents up to the age of 18.
Dr. Kasler also offers assessments specifically for Autism Spectrum Disorders, including the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (ADOS) which is considered the gold standard for autism testing.
Dr. Kasler utilizes a cognitive-behavioral therapeutic approach, which is an empirically-derived, evidence-based method proven effective for a variety of emotional and behavioral difficulties. Therapy services are offered for children, adolescents, and adults.
Some services offered include:
- Individual Therapy: This is the most common form of psychotherapy. It involves working one-on-one with Dr. Kasler to meet your goals of mental health and wellness in a supportive and compassionate environment.
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT): This is an intensive weekly family-based treatment program for children under 8 years of age designed to strengthen the relationship between parent and child while teaching the parent specific skills to address the child’s behavioral difficulties.
- Behavior Modification: Dr. Kasler will utilize and teach the parent behavioral techniques designed to increase the child’s desirable behaviors while decreasing undesirable behaviors.
- Grief Therapy: Dr. Kasler will guide and support you through your grief following the death of a loved one or major loss.
- Stress Management: In this form of treatment, Dr. Kasler will focus on teaching you skills to manage both acute and chronic, minor and major stressors.
- Coping with Chronic Illness: Dr. Kasler is knowledgeable and experienced in assisting her patients in coping with the emotional toll of chronic illness (e.g., fibromyalgia, diabetes). She works closely with medical specialists to provide a comprehensive and supportive treatment plan, while gently encouraging her patients toward a more balanced and self-compassionate lifestyle.
- Group Therapy: Dr. Kasler periodically offers groups to children and teens for social skills training, anxiety management, and anger management.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Disruptive Behavior Disorders (ODD, Conduct Disorder, DMDD)
- Parent-Child Relational Problems